fi_mlx(7) Libfabric Programmer's Manual
fi_mlx - The MLX Fabric Provider
The mlx provider runs over the UCX library that is currently supported by the Mellanox infiniband fabrics. The mlx provider makes use of UCX tag matching API in order to implement a limited set of the libfabric data transfer APIs, namely, tagged message queue.
Supported UCP API version: 1.0
The mlx provider doesn’t support all the features defined in the libfabric API. Here are some of the limitations:
- Endpoint types
- Only supported type: FI_RDM
- Endpoint capabilities
- Endpoints can support the only data transfer capability FI_TAGGED.
- FI_CONTEXT is required. That means, all the requests that generate completions must have a valid pointer to type struct fi_context passed as the operation context.
- The supported mode is FI_THREAD_DOMAIN, i.e. the mlx provider is not thread safe.
- Unsupported features
- These features are unsupported: connection management, event queue, scalable endpoint, passive endpoint, shared receive context, rma, atomics.
- The path to the MLX configuration file (default: none).
- Maximal tinject message size (default: 1024).
- Enforce usage of name server functionality for MLX provider (default: disabled).
- MLX provider’s name server port (default: 12345).
- IPv4 network interface for MLX provider’s name server (default: any).