fi_rxd(7) Libfabric Programmer's Manual
fi_rxd - The RxD (RDM over DGRAM) Utility Provider
The RxD provider is a utility provider that supports RDM endpoints emulated over a base DGRAM provider.
The RxD provider currently supports FI_MSG capabilities.
- Endpoint types
- The provider supports only endpoint type FI_EP_RDM.
Endpoint capabilities : The following data transfer interface is supported: fi_msg.
- The provider does not require the use of any mode bits but supports core DGRAM providers that require FI_CONTEXT and FI_MSG_PREFIX.
- The RxD provider only supports FI_PROGRESS_MANUAL.
The RxD provider has hard-coded maximums for supported queue sizes and data transfers. Some of these limits are set based on the selected base DGRAM provider.
No support for multi-recv.
No support for counters.
The RxD provider is still under development and is not extensively tested.
The rxd provider checks for the following environment variables:
- Number of times to read the core provider’s CQ for a segment completion before trying to progress sends. Default is 1000.
- Toggles retrying of packets and assumes reliability of individual packets and will reassemble all received packets. Retrying is turned on by default.
- Maximum number of peers the provider should prepare to track. Default: 1024
- Maximum number of packets (per peer) to send at a time. Default: 128